5 TIPS TO BOOST YOUR WEBSITE TRAFFIC
I see people a lot of time complaining that they want to get more traffic to their website. Well, it can be done and it isn’t even that hard to do. If you aren’t getting all the traffic you would like to your website, then you may want to take a look at these 5 tips to increase your traffic.
1. Know What The Search Engines are Looking For – The key to getting more traffic to your website is to get the search engines to do the work of directing people to your web pages. This is called Search Engine Optimization or SEO. What it means is based on what people are searching for and the content you have on your website, the search engines move you up in the results. If you do SEO right, you can get a massive surge in the number of visitors that come to your site.
2. Know Your Keywords – Search Engine Optimization is based on using keywords that are strategically placed throughout your website. A keyword is simply a word or words that people put into a search engine when they are looking for answers to their questions. Doing keyword research can be a daunting task but it is probably one of the most important things you can do help you boost your website traffic. Your goal is to find the best keywords that have a good number of people searching for but the lease amount of web pages that use that keyword.
3. Produce More Content – Once you know what keywords to use, create more content for your website using those keywords. The key here is to use only one or two keyword phrases per article or web page. Even if you don’t do the keyword research, you can get more traffic just by creating more content. By writing naturally about your service, you are sure to use some keywords and website that post new content on a regular basis almost always do better in search rankings that sites that never change.
4. Use Social Media Networks – More than ever people are spending time on social media networks. If you want to get more traffic to your site, you have to be where the traffic is. That means if your target audience is on Facebook, LinkedIn, or any of the other social networks, you should be there too.
5. Make Your Website Mobile Friendly – I heard from a reliable source that somewhere around 40% of all online searches are being performed on a mobile device. If you want to get the mobile traffic, you need to have a website that is mobile friendly.
If you want your website to rise above your competitors, then you have to put some work into it. With some tweaks here and there, you too can enjoy getting more website traffic.
If you would like some help getting more traffic to your website, schedule a free website strategy session with me. Just click the Set an Appointment button on the right.